Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Talks and Tapas


Yesterday, Rebecca and I explored the shopping center near my apartment. There are a lot of good stores there, so I will have to go back soon and search for Spanish clothes. Later that evening, we went out for tapas at a place called "Restaurante Victor Tapas" - it's my dad's place! I enjoyed some solomillo al whisky, a pork dish, and we shared a flan de queso. Yum yum in my tum tum. I headed back to my apartment, and Jesús and I had our first extended conversation. I was very excited! We talked about a ton of things (his school, fútbol, Mallorca, Spanish television...) and I understood most of what he said thanks to elaborate hand gestures. When Inma returned from a date, we had some necessary girl talk, and I eventually went to bed.

The next day, I had a lovely chat in the afternoon with Julie, the other Auxiliar at my school, and my roommates. Jesús proposed that Mon, Wed, and Fri will be completely Spanish days and Tues and Thurs will be English days so he can learn English while I learn Spanish. It sounded pretty fair, although I will probably sneak in some Spanish on Tues and Thurs because I need all the help I can get. Tonight, I hope to meet up with some girls from our program. Tomorrow, there is a big strike in Spain, so there will be very few things open and very little public transportation running. We will have a great day of relaxation.