Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane


Today is the big day! I am getting on a plane tonight and flying over to Spain. I have been thinking about and planning for this day for so many months, and I cannot believe how fast it has come. I'm so excited to finally start this adventure, even though I have had an amazing week in Boston. I've spent my past week eating every meal with different amazing people (including the lovely ladies in the picture above). I also got to see several new parts of Boston that I hadn't explored while living in the Tufts bubble. Brookline looked absolutely beautiful, and I am convincing my friends to hold a place for me there for when I return from Spain. And I went on a gorgeous walk with a friend around the Fells, a picturesque reservoir that it's hard to believe is so close to the city. I am so grateful that my friends took time out of their ridiculously busy schedules to hang out with me. You guys have all been amazingly supportive and it makes me even more excited when I hear how excited you are for me to go to Spain. I will miss you all tremendously, and you are always welcome to visit me in Sevilla or the rest of Europe. Seriously, come there.

At 4:00 pm today, I'm heading to Logan airport and meeting up with my friend Rebecca, who I'm so glad is joining me on this trip. I would be so much more nervous about this whole thing if I didn't have Rebecca with me. I will attempt to get some sleep on our flight, but it's questionable if that will actually happen. I always get sucked into watching the movies on the plane and distracted when they feed and hydrate us way too often. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people who can turn down scrumptious airplane food in favor of sleep. We have a brief layover in Madrid and will hopefully make our connection to Sevilla. Almost everyone I've talked to about this trip cannot believe that we don't have a place to live when we get there. This scares me the most, too. Luckily, we booked a beautiful-looking hostel in the center of the city for 5 nights. Hopefully we will find a luxury acceptable apartment in that time. Rebecca and I have been creating a list of potential apartments for the past few weeks so there are many Spaniards who can expect a phone call from us in the next few days. Hopefully I'll understand enough of what they say to me to find the place they're renting. Let's just say, I'm looking forward to finding a place soon and settling down.

Next time you hear from me, I better be somewhere in Spain, ideally in Sevilla. Here's to hoping that my pilot is very well rested...

No comments:

Post a Comment