Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bailando at Bilindo

Nite, Me, and Tamara
I actually relaxed yesterday, and it was a beautiful thing. I had the apartment to myself, and I found links to American TV shows online and took some naps. If I did that everyday, it would get boring very quickly, but it was nice to have a day without running around and sweating profusely. Of course that couldn't last very long in Sevilla, so the night was a different story...

After using up many of my pay-as-you-go text messages, I settled on plans for the evening with my friends.  We decided to go to Rebecca's empty apartment to, as they say in Britain, "pre-lush." I got all dolled up at my apartment and headed over there via the public buses. Thank god that people here are so friendly. I asked a woman if our bus went to the right place, and she actually got up from her seat to ask the bus driver directions for me. I'm not sure what I would have done without her help. Even after getting off the bus in the correct spot, it took me a while to find Rebecca's street. We hung around her place, getting ready but feeling too lethargic for a night on the town. Our friends (all British, of course) showed up around 11:30, and we had a great time chatting until it was an acceptable time to go out (around 1:30 am). We walked to a club called "Bilindo" and waited in a short line to enter. Luckily, there was no cover charge like at most clubs in America. This was actually the outdoor place where we had gone on the pub crawl with the hostel, but I had a better time here last night with my girl friends. We found some more amigas there and danced the night away! Late in the night, I found this guy who was an amazing dancer. He and his friends was incredibly fun and quite crazy. He literally lifted me up so that my legs were about as high as other people's heads. He spoke English and told me that he loved my dancing and my dress and that I was fun. I wish everyone at clubs was as fun as he is because Rebecca and I have found that most of the Spanish guys are not as friendly as in America and often keep to themselves. Perhaps it is because we don't dress like the Spanish girls. I have never seen shorter, tighter dresses in my life! I took a cab home after 4:30 am, got ready for bed, and passed out. It was definitely a fun night out, but I do not understand how some people can do that every night. I would die...or maybe just take very long siestas.

I'm not sure what today has in store for me. It's Sunday so everything here is closed, but perhaps I will meet up with some other people from my program and relax some more.

1 comment: