Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teacher Party

Yery and Nite Salsa Dancing
On Sunday night, I went over to Nite's apartment for a lovely (Spanish-speaking) dinner with her roommate and friends. Her Italian roommate cooked us pasta carbonara...que rica! To my joyous surprise, the gay guy that I had met a few weeks ago was there too. I was so excited to see him again, as Rebecca and I feared that we had lost his company. He told me that he tried Nutella with peanut butter, per my suggestion, and thought it was the most amazing thing. He said he didn't put bananas in the sandwich, though, because it would have been too much. That is where he is wrong.

On Monday, I went grocery shopping at Mercadona (always a good time) and went to pick up a book from Julie at her apartment. So now I am reading Into the Wild. I caught up with Julie and Julia about our weekends and walked all the way back from their place. There is a new super cheap clothing store near my apartment that opened yesterday and it was bustling. I went in to check it out quickly and most of it seemed like junk, but they have potentially decent shoes. After watching countless episodes of "Breaking Bad," my new TV show addiction, I went to bed early in an attempt to rest up for school today. Of course, when I know I have to wake up early, I have a terrible night's sleep, but such is life.

This morning, I went to school and had a good day there. Some of my classes were very entertaining, as the students can be quite funny. I have one class where they "really like my accent." Since most of the English teachers learned British English, my accent is quite unique and can also be difficult to understand. The day was long, but I ended with the most advanced class where we talked about sports. Everyone loves fútbol and Rafa Nadal...surprise, surprise.

Yum Yum Yum
After school, we had a giant comida, basically a teacher party, with a ton of food. There was an enormous spread of jamón, salmorejo, pan, tomate, huevos llenos, aceitunas, frutos secos, lomo, etc. We all stuffed ourselves, even the skinniest of the teachers, and chatted. I spoke a lot of Spanish there, which was exciting. I was also introduced to a teacher who is having her daughter contact me about private lessons, which I desperately need to set up. After some delicious postres, this very nice teacher gave me a ride home and we spoke Spanish during the entire ride. And she told me I was good at speaking! I got home late in the afternoon, very tired, but may go over to Rebecca's soon for some dinner. But I must get more sleep tonight because I have a super long day in Granada tomorrow on a field trip. I am so excited to go there, even if we are only going to the science park.

No comments:

Post a Comment