Friday, October 22, 2010

The Facebook Movie

The past few days have mainly consisted of school and relaxing/siesta-ing. On Thursday afternoon, Julie and I gave an english class to a group of teachers from nearby schools. I didn't realize why I was enjoying it so much until Julie pointed out that we didn't have to discipline them at all. It was so refreshing to teach people who actually listened to you and wanted to learn. While the teachers did not have the cuteness factor of the kids, I liked that the classroom was much calmer. But one thing I thought was adorable was when one very friendly boy told me about an MTV premiere in Madrid with a lot of famous artists. When he said Katy Perry would be there, he rolled his R's. It was precious.

Julie called me this morning because apparently a group of students is going to a science museum in Granada next Wednesday, and we get to go with them! I'm so excited to see Granada...for free. Of course I will have to go again for longer, but this is a nice perk of working in a school. I haven't been on a field trip in ages!

Last night, I went to see The Social Network with Rebecca. It was really good...and intense. It made me miss Boston to see it on the screen and college in general, although I had a slightly different experience than the kids in that movie. Justin Timberlake never approached me at Tufts...what a shame! But it was nice to see a movie in English (with Spanish subtítulos, of course)...I forgot I was in Spain for a while there.

Today, I woke up with a head cold. My immune system is probably not strong enough for a high school at the moment. Hopefully this won't last too long, but it sucks not feeling in top shape here for the weekend. Tomorrow, we are going to a Ham Festival in a town about an hour away. We have all built this up to be an exciting event, so I hope it lives up to our ridiculously high expectations. Until then, I have plans for a picnic in the gardens of the Alcazar today! I am very excited to finally do something touristy in Sevilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment