Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Roommate!

This week was one of relaxing and not too much adventure. Despite how much I love always doing something, it isn't too bad to take a while and enjoy the Sevillano sun that has decided to make its appearance. I was a bit sick this weekend so I opted for sleep over going out, although I did have a little solo dance party in my living room.

The big news of this week is that Rebecca has moved into my apartment! We are finally living together...something that should have happened 6 months ago. Both of my previous roommates moved out, but I was only sans roommate for one night before Rebecca moved in. We are still waiting to see if we will have another roommate, but, for now, the apartment is very clean and spacious. I am infinitely happier living in the center and love this new place. It has an amazing roof with chairs and a table, so I've been spending time up there in the afternoons and might even develop a tan.

I have been attending Sevillanas classes at my gym, and they have been quite challenging. Sevillanas is a type of flamenco-style dance that originated here. Knowing the dance will come in handy during Feria, a big festival in the spring. The class is full of American study abroad students, and we spend most of the class bumping into each other and tripping over our feet. But this week was the first week where I actually kind of felt like I knew what I was doing and even got my arms going, which are integral, but difficult to coordinate, parts of the dance. I hope by the end of my gym membership, I'll have the dances down and can spin my way through Feria.

No comments:

Post a Comment