Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Muy Enferma!

This weekend, I was unlucky enough to feel the wrath of a Spanish illness. I have been feeling under the weather since Friday and still am not fully recovered today. I did have a fun night out at a club on Friday night, as I blamed my feeling slightly off on a cup of coffee. After watching the last episode of Glee, nothing was going to stop me from busting some moves that night. I went over to the Europeans' house and hung out there before we all took taxis over to a club called Abril. I had never been there before, but I really liked it - the music was spot on. We danced for a few hours in our overwhelming group of about 20 people, and I headed home "early" at 4:30 am.

After Friday, my days consisted of sitting in one chair in my living room or sleeping. As Rebecca went to Fez for the weekend, I had a period of 2.5 days where I didn't see a single person. I did catch up on Skype with a lot of people from home, though. And I certainly watched enough episodes of TV online. I'm officially caught up on...everything!

I took my first "sick day" at work today, which means I had to go to the doctor. This was, luckily, my first medical experience in Spain. It would have been a breeze except for the fact that my insurance card was stolen with my wallet, and I haven't gotten my new one yet. But, after waiting a little while with my deli ticket and making a fool of myself in front of some automatic doors, I got my policy number and headed to the clinic. I was literally seen within 3 minutes of checking in, something that almost never happens in America. The doctor was very nice, but spoke very quickly, and gave me a prescription for some stomach medicine and ordered a bland diet. Unfortunately, I am totally craving protein and basically just bought meats when I went to the grocery store after. The good news is I am feeling better and aiming to make it to school tomorrow, although I'm blaming this relentless sickness on my ever-coughing students.

No comments:

Post a Comment