Sunday, April 24, 2011

That Leaning Tower


I stopped off at Pisa Centrale station to spend a couple of hours wandering around that famous tower with a tilt. I walked through the city, which is really nothing special, but it had a good crafts market along the way. As I turned the corner and was approaching the Leaning Tower and the Duomo, I thought, “Wow, that really is quite a lean.” Most of my pictures don’t depict how much the tower is leaning, but it’s certainly true to its name. The area around it is beautiful with lots of green grass that you’re not supposed to walk on and a pretty church and baptistry. I walked through the endless souvenir markets but didn’t get anything. When someone saw me attempting to take a picture of myself holding up the tower, they offered to take a picture of me. I gladly accepted. It is not a good place to visit alone if you actually want a well-crafted picture of yourself supporting the tower. There was not a whole lot to do there unless you wanted to go in the various buildings and museums, but I just chilled on the grass for a while and headed back to the train station. Now I’m on my way to Cinque Terre, the part of my trip that I am most excited about!

1 comment:

  1. And the hostels are 30€ a night! I've sadly stayed in Pisa a few times for layovers, and every time get more and more bored!

    ReplyDelete